Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Uh.. I'll take "Swords" for $400.

The following photos have nothing in common except they were all taken here in Afghanistan and I hopefully can give each a one word caption starting with the letter S.  My inspiration for this silliness is the following funny SNL Celebrity Jeopardy skit.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/289968/saturday-night-live-celebrity-jeopardy

Here we go...



Sign 1
 Some Afghans have grown up rarely using toilets and poop by squatting over a hole in the ground.  When brought onto the base to work they are strongly encouraged to use the porta potties.  I guess the concept of sitting while pooping wasn't implied with the addition of the toilet seat to their routine.  Apparently some injuries occurred so these signs were put up on the porta potty doors.

Sign 2
There has been some issues with getting supplies across the Pakistan border.  The USA PX shelves were mostly bare for awhile.  I had most of what I needed but somethings (i.e. medicine, see previous blog) would have been nice to buy.  There was one shelf which was always full and it was full of salsa.  Must of been 100 jars of salsa just sitting there smiling at me.  Now many of you who know how big of a chips and salsa fan I am might think this was a blessing for me.  And it would have been except the chips were on the other side of the Pakistan border.  It was my version of hell... it reminded me of all those old Got Milk commercials... Arron Burr. 

Shocker
I will never look at my laundry the same.



Sunset

Sunset 2


Sidekicks
 These are my  two coworkers, Dave is walking into the tent on the left and Bret Love is sitting on the right.


Smile

Snapshot - outside the wire of camp marmal


snowy mountains - camp marmal

scenic view - camp marmal

Smile 2

Standing - Dave left, Rene right

Smile 3 - inside work tent

Shops - Camp Spann Bazaar

Squats

Squats 2

Sunglasses from Vero and Jon!


No comments:

Post a Comment